Wednesday, May 17, 2017

New Dior Makeup: Review


Growing up I always coveted the shiny packaging of my mother's and grandmother's makeup, whether it be Clinique, Lancome, or any other brand I always wanted to get my hands on it. My renewed interest in makeup didn't truly return until I was actually in college. I feel like developing a makeup look is like writing a story, your own unique story that you choose each day you decide to wear makeup. The brands, colors, and formulation allow you to change your story daily or tell the same story depending on the look or goal you are striving for.



As a brand, Dior has always left me awestricken with its beautiful bags, fashion, and makeup. These items are my first purchases from Dior, besides a perfume a boyfriend purchased me in high school, and they most certainly won't be my last. Investing in beautiful makeup is something I hope to do more of in the future and these items are a welcome addition to my makeup bag.


The Diorshow Pump'N'Volume mascara is truly an innovative and unique concept for a mascara. I was initially intrigued when I saw this all over youtube and social media and knew that I had to give it a go. A squeeze tube mascara? sign me up! True to its name the Diorshow Pump'N'Volume mascara allows for a buildable voluminous eye look without looking over the top. The squeeze portion is not only a gimmick but a functional part of this product that allows you to get the product on the brush for seamless application.


The Dior Addict Laquer Stick in the shade Underground is a perfect yet subtle your lips but better shade that adds the finishing touches to any everyday makeup look. When I first try out any brand's lip products a rule of thumb is that I try the nude, pink, or neutral shades before investing in any other colors. The formulation allows the lips to stay hydrated with out over drying and offers a shine that stays on the lips comfortably. I will definitely be purchasing the American girl shade, a gorgeous red color, on my next Sephora order.


The Dior Addict Lip Glow in the shade berry is the perfect balm for low key no makeup days and I can see myself using this a lot in the upcoming summer months. Its packaging is perfect to just pop in my purse when I'm on the go.



These three products were a great introduction to the Dior brand for me, and leave me lusting after more from the brand. What is a brand that you have tried recently? What are your new favorite beauty products?

Have an awesome day!
-Mo