Friday, March 17, 2017

The 4 Lipsticks You Need This Spring

Spring is literally just around the corner, and it's time to ring in the season with new lipstick additions to your makeup bag. These four lipsticks are my top picks for the season with two brighter colors and two darker ones to give some balance to your lip wardrobe. 

1. Starting out with the most easy transition color from winter to spring, Urban Decay's Vice Lipstick in Liar is a color that works for every season. The satin finish formulation is not drying and the color pay off is to die for, but I have found it does not last as long on the lips as say a Kat Von D liquid lipstick (those literally stay on all day!). I can't complain though, considering this product has been a staple in my purse for over a year now.

2. Of course you can't talk about spring lipsticks without throwing a pink color into the mix. Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker lipstick in "Pink Cushion" is the perfect moisturizing pink lipstick. I can't find this online anymore but you still might be able to find it in stores like Ulta or if you don't live in the US, stores like Boots. The closest color I can find on the market right now is called Pink up Girl, but what really matters about this choice is the formulation of the product. The texture of this product is almost like a tinted balm but with a little more color pay off. I think this lipstick would be great for summer as well because of its amazing moisturizing formula.

3. I think every season needs a staple red lip, and for spring Clinique's Poppy Pop is definitely that for me. It's a vibrant red color and is not too deep or too bright, it's just perfect! The pigmentation is spot on. You can go light handed and make it almost like a stain or just slide it on like the swatch below, either way it's a gorgeous lip product.

4. Last but not least, I couldn't do a lipstick post with out throwing at least one Kat Von D liquid lipstick in the mix. Kat Von D's Lovesick is a mauve-pink color and though it is a little bit deeper than the other lipsticks I think it works for spring. Kat Von D lipsticks last forever but I often tend to add a gloss over the top because they are matte and can tend to dry out my lips just a little bit. However, it doesn't bother me much because I love her liquid lipsticks.
I hope you enjoyed my picks for the four lipsticks you need this spring. 
What is your favorite spring lipstick?

Have a great day!
-Mo