Friday, August 14, 2015

Wharfs and Marinas: Salem and Newburyport, MA

Last week I met up with my mom, brother, and grandmother and we all headed into Salem, MA for lunch.There is a massive amount of history to be learned and seen in Massachusetts, and Salem does not disappoint. Although Salem is famous for being the place where the witch trials occured, there is so much more history associated with the area than that.

We actually ended up at Pickering Wharf, and went out to eat at a restaurant called Victoria's Station. I had just a basic bean burger with fries, and after that we walked around the marina and the shops. Everything around that area had such a historical and rustic feel.

Later on during the week my boyfriend and I also visited another marina, but this one was in Newburyport, MA. The small town hustle and bustle feel of downtown almost reminded me of the cape. Everything was just so cute and there was a bunch of people out and about experiencing what downtown and the marina had to offer, not to mention the weather was beautiful. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of downtown, but I got some pretty ones of the marina itself.

We ended up having a couple of drinks and an appetizer at Not Your Average Joe's, the sangria was so yummy. After we ate we walked around the shops and then walked past the marina one last time to get back to the car.