Friday, August 28, 2015

My Natural Everyday Makeup

I hope you don't mind looking at pictures of my face (cringe), If anyone is even reading this I'm sorry for the photos you are about to endure, but I thought I would share my daily very natural makeup routine. I would say my no makeup, makeup routine but I find that to be counterintuitive, and obviously if I'm writing a post about makeup it will have makeup. But anyways, rant over! I don't even know if that made sense...

First thing's first, this is a very minimal and natural makeup look but it gets me through the day and all that jazz. So to start off, I use the Maybelline Pure BB Cream in the medium sheer tint. The package notes that the product is an "8-1 Beauty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector"and contains the classic acne treatment salicylic acid. I can not say for certain if the product is working at clearing up my face or if my skin care regimen is doing that, but this is a light and wearable base option that is perfect for warmer months. In the much needed concealer department my time and again favorite is..can you guess? Ding, ding, ding...Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser in the shade light pale. I'm in a never ending love affair with this product because its insane ability to cover my Uncle Fester-esk under eye circles. 
To set my under eye concealer I use the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Contour Kit's banana shade. I also use the palette's bottom-center shade to do a light contour and the top right shade for a highlight. When I say highlight and contour, I mean just a dust of powder. I just do that 3 shape thing on the side of my face and brush some bronzer where the sunlight would naturally hit my face. For highlighting I don't do any strobing or that sorta thing on the day to day, I just brush some highlighter on the top corners of my cheek bones. For blush I use the coral shade in my Lorac Pro To Go pallete, and with a Real Techniques stippling brush just tap a little on the apples of my cheeks.
I'm 100% obsessed with my new Lorac Pro palette and I use it everyday that I wear makeup. I usually keep it pretty safe, and put the cream shade all over my lid and go into the crease with some taupe and a little dusting of mauve (If you want to see a swatches check out my Mini Beauty Haul and Lorac Pro Swatches post).
If I'm feeling the brows, I'll apply a little of the Wet n' Wild coloricon Brow Pencil in the shade Brunettes Do It Better, but no Cara Delvigne  (totally butchered the spelling of that) Delevingne* styled brows over here unfortunately. For my lip combo, I have been loving pairing my Nyx Butter Lip Stick in the shade Minimalism with my little Make Up For Ever Plexi-gloss. The combo is one of those nudey, your lips but better shade. And last, but certainly not least, for mascara lately I have been using Benefit's they're Real! mascara in black. Scroll down to see this baby in action and some awkward pictures of me.
The sassy yet classy, hair in the lipgloss pic, because you know, who doesn't wanna see that. Am I right?
I would say I am closing my eyes to show you my eye shadow and mascara, but in reality, I just don't want to look at another picture of my face, so this will be the last one in this post..digital pinky promise.

Do you have any beauty products that you tend to use every day, let me know in the comments (I'm really just nosey and would love to know).