Saturday, August 8, 2015

My 5 Skincare Favorites



Skincare has been a struggle of mine for a couple years now. I struggle with a lot of redness in my t-zone and all over my face, and also have enlarged pores on my nose. My main focus has been to keep my skin as clean as possible, but at the same time keeping it hydrated, I have combination skin that leans more to the dry side. If I do not use moisturizer daily, my skin will literally flake off (gross right!?) I have found that the following products have really helped me get my skin to a better place and keep my face clean.



Makeup Remover
I use the Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water to remove my makeup prior to performing any other skincare. This product is amazing at getting off any makeup whether it be eyeliner or even foundation. It has a slight cucumber scent but that does not bother me (I actually like it). This is the best micellar water that I have tried on the market so far, as you can see, I am almost half way through the bottle.

Facial Cleanser
The facial cleanser I'm in love with right now is the Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell BioRepair Cleansing Gel. This product smells amazingly like fresh roses and leaves my skin so soft and clean after each use. I use this product both morning and night, and I have even seen improvement with the redness on my face.

Facial Mask
I love using the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask as either a spot treatment for acne or as an overall facial mask to remove black heads and leave my skin super clean. This mask is great if you feel a volcano starting to emerge on your face. I slap this baby on a spot when I feel a pimple coming on, leave it on overnight, and by morning the spot has shrunk significantly or disappeared completely.

Moisturizer
After using the Peter Thomas Roth facial gel I really love to use this Sephora Instant Moisturizer. The combination of the facial gel and moisturizer leave my skin so soft and hydrated. It is a pretty basic thin moisturizer and does not leave my skin oily at all.

Spot Treatment
Another spot treatment I like to use is the Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, this product as well as the product in the silver tube that Clean & Clear makes, work awesome on getting rid of acne. This product is pretty basic and I tend to use it when I feel like being lazy and not putting to much effort into treating my pimples.

*All the products that I mentioned in this post have been linked above under each category.